Is A Woman’s Touch an Environmentally Friendly Company?
posted: 10/10/2008 12:00 am
Dear Sex Counselor,
I want to support businesses that only carry non-toxic products and that have environmentally aware business practices. What does A Woman’s Touch do to be an environmentally friendlier business?
Dear Green-conscious friend: A Woman’s Touch is owned and run by women who are deeply concerned about the very same things. We work hard to operate our business as "greenly" as possible, by doing the following things:
- Selling only toys that contain safe materials. We have not sold toys containing the problematic plasticizing agents called phthalates since 2001, when we first learned about the risks these chemicals pose.
- Carrying a wide variety of rechargeable toys so that you don’t have to buy, use and then throw away batteries that leach toxins into our landfills.
- Learning how to help our customers use rechargeable batteries in their toys so that they can enjoy full power and less waste.
- Recycling all of the packaging that our toys come in so that it doesn’t end up in the landfill.
- Using recycled paper in our catalogs and newsletters and for all the correspondence and printing we do in-house.
- Using compact fluorescents and turning off lights and computers wherever possible.
- Encouraging our employees to walk, bike or take the bus to work.
- Encouraging the manufacturers with which we work to use less packaging and use recyclable packaging, and to use the safest materials possible. We are actively working with manufacturers to help them stop using PVC bottles for their products, and encourage you to do the same.
- Developing our own products which are made from renewable and organic materials whenever possible.
- Buying products from local artists and producers to reduce the amount of fuel it takes to get products to our store.
We are always seeking new ways to reduce our footprint on this earth, and recognize that we have a long way to go. Every little step helps, and we hope you’ll join us in doing everything you can to love more "greenly" in this world.
- Painful anal sex
- Men’s Erectile Function
- Penile Rehabilitation after Prostate or Pelvic Surgery or Radiation
- After 50 Shades of Grey...What do you Recommend?
- How can I choose a book about sex for my child?
- How to choose a Kegel exercise tool