Desire is Not Required for Sexual Satisfaction, Study Reports
posted: 01/07/2012 1:15 pm
A woman's sexual satisfaction does not require high levels of sexual desire--and in fact, does not require sexual activity at all, according to a new study that finds rates of sexual satisfaction highest among the youngest and oldest women it surveyed.
The study, which included more than 800 women between age 40 and 100, found that those under 55 and those over 80 were most likely to declare themselves satisfied with their sex lives, even among women who did not report high levels of sexual desire. So as long as women are willing to be sexual, even without the overt feeling of "desire" (however they define it), many find that they enjoy satisfying sex in their lives.
View the complete LA Times article here:
- What is appropriate gynecologist behavior?
- How to use a Kegel Exercise Tool
- Condom Care Away From Home
- Oh La La Cheri Size Chart
- Can you be green and enjoy your sex toys, too?
- Healthy Sexuality After Cancer